Amy E. Freilich
Amy E. Freilich is a real estate and land use lawyer with extensive experience in land acquisition and disposition, California Environmental Quality Act and entitlement of major projects throughout the southwestern United States. Amy received her A.B. in Public Policy with honors from The University of Chicago and a J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School, and is licensed to practice law in California and New York. For over 20 years, Amy has served as lead land use and real estate counsel to a variety of private developers and public agencies in complex land and public-private partnership transactions, including entitlement of numerous suburban and infill master planned residential and mixed-use communities and other residential, retail, office and entertainment projects in Los Angeles County, the Inland Empire, Coachella Valley, the Bay Area and Sacramento County. Amy has negotiated military base, transit-oriented development and redevelopment transactions including complex development, disposition and development and infrastructure agreements for reuse of military facilities and for transit facility development. Amy also developed and led the original transit oriented joint development program for the LA to Pasadena Gold Line Authority. Prior to joining Armbruster Goldsmith & Delvac, Amy served for five years as Senior Vice President, Land Use Counsel at SunCal Companies, a master developer of mixed-use communities throughout California and the western US, providing advice and leadership in acquisition and entitlement of master planned communities throughout the southwest. Representative projects include:
- Staples Center (home to the Los Angeles Lakers, Kings and Clippers) in downtown Los Angeles
- Macerich Los Angeles Premium Outlet Center (566,000 sf shopping center destination) at I-405 in City of Carson developed on former landfill site
- Chelsea Investments/Weingart Center Association (600+ unit affordable and permanent supportive housing development DTLA
- Dignity Health Sport Park (former StubHub Center) (home to Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy) and related facilities on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA
- Los Angeles to Pasadena Gold Line Authority in development of four major transit stops including over 700 multifamily housing units, retail, restaurant and office uses adjacent to the light rail line
- The Marine Corps Air Station in Tustin, CA (disposition and development of residential and commercial property including for 1,000,000+ square foot lifestyle entertainment and big box retail center)
- Entitlement and acquisition of Bickford Ranch, Placer County, CA; Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, Oak Knoll, CA; Naval Air Station, Alameda, CA; Copper Canyon, Sparks, NV, and Ritter Ranch in Palmdale, CA.
- Negotiation of facility exchange with the Army Reserve at Camp Parks in Dublin, CA
- Acquisition, entitlement and construction of headquarters and multi-modal facility for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority and the Metropolitan Water District at Union Station, DTLA
- Entitlement, master planning and water and solar development planning for Westland, a 57,000-acre master planned community in Albuquerque, NM.